Lovely Elsie of The Cooking Wardrobe nominated me among other amazing ladies for the Sunshine Award and the Shine On Award. Thank you! I am honored. And excited! Well, who doesn't like to talk about themselves, right? Not bloggers and certainly not me. By the guidelines of these awards, I have to write all together seventeen random facts about myself. Seventeen facts about me? Only seventeen? Hmm... which ones to choose... OK, I'll just see what comes to me today. And yes, I am going to combine them all together. All seventeen facts. So get comfortable, guys.
(Clearing her throat.)
17 random facts about me
1. Despite this fabulous blue linen hat, my favorite color is GREEN.
It also happens to be the color of my eyes. Just so you know.
2. This is my 6th or 7th public blog, but the first one in English, and the first one about style.
3. I don't like peanut butter.
4. Everything else, I like.
5. I have lived in 2 countries. And in 3 different states.
6. My favorite footwear is barefoot.
7. And "As Time Goes By" is my most favorite show. Ever.
8. I got married, immigrated, gave a birth, learned driving and speaking a new language all in one year.
(I could squeeze more things into my life that year, don't you think? Just ran out of time, I guess.)
9. I don't have TV at home for about 10 years or so.
10. I don't miss it.
11. I once owned a display at an antique mall.
(It's not my display in the photograph.)
12. My first earned money was for writing.
I was about 12 and published a few articles as a junior journalist for a local newspaper.
13. My favorite seasons are Spring and Autumn.
In fashion too - because of colors and layers!
14. I lived on the beach for 3 years.
15. Tooth fairy did not have a chance with me, poor creature.
I swallowed my first loose tooth while having pancakes for breakfast at grandma's house.
16. I worked as janitor, teacher, proofreader, junior medical assistant, research assistant, pharmacy technician, freelance journalist, translator, storyteller... phew, is that all? Oh, and a business owner. Twice.
17. I also volunteered. A lot.
18. (Sorry, had to do it.) I'm impatient. And stubborn.
Now, that was pretty random, don't ya think? As you noticed, I included photos of some of my outfits from previous years. I am a style blogger after all. Sort of.
Well, enough about me. Now I get to announce my own nominees for the Sunshine and Shine On awards. I have no idea what you "supposed" do if you are nominated multiple times. I guess it is totally up to you! :)
So, my nominees are:
Elle of My Daily Costume
Shawna of The Director of Awesome
Curtise of The Secondhand Years
Beate of Bahnwaerterhaeuschen
Vix of Vintage Vixen
Krista of Peetee's Palace
Sandra of Peaches McGinty
Northern Mom Down South of Thrifty, Crafty Things
Suzanne of Suzanne Carillo Style Files
Olga of Local Fashion
Ann of Blue Hue Wonderland
Val of Muse Fondue
Sue of A Colorful Canvas
Jan of Fort Smith Stylista
Bella of The Citizen Rosebud
Sacramento of Mis Papelicos
Debbie of I Love My Lemonade Life
If you, dear ladies, accept these awards from me (or other fellow bloggers) and want to play this game, then you can read the guidelines below. I understand that these are two different awards, and I, just like Elsie, lumped them together. But you can do them separately if you wish! It's all pretty much up to us, right? :)
Rules of the Sunshine Award: