Sunday, October 20, 2013

Special Day


It was a special day calling for a special mood and special outfit! As I have told you before, dresses and skirts are on my mind lately. Yet, I wasn't satisfied with anything from my wardrobe on that particular day. While pants are staples of my everyday wardrobe, and seem like nothing special as a general rule... yet there are no "general rules" when you are trying to create something special! Do you agree? These pair of Hue leggings were very unusual for me. They created just the right playful and sexy mood I wanted that day. Why? It was Justin's birthday! And everything was special about that day! :) 



I paired the leggings with the purple blazer to which I introduced you earlier in my blog. The pair of Sofft booties (I talked about them more in this blogpost) completed my outfit that day. I loved how the decorative stitch of the leggings echoes the stitch on the booties.




The blazer has such a fun stripy inner lining! I wish it continues inside of the sleeves as well (instead, there is a one toned lining there). Way too fun. :) I also love such details as buttons, a golden zipper of one of the pockets and flaps of the other ones.



So how did we spend this special day? Justin took a day off work, and we were together all day! That's the best gift! But fortunately, not the only one. :) We have been experiencing a very strange string of foggy days here in Seattle for the past week. The fog just wouldn't go away! Very untypical weather for us. But, that day, sun did show up to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my beloved one. Just for half an hour or so, before the sunset. That was exactly when we took these pictures.


One of the many little, but very special gifts we got for Justin this year was this watch by Swiss Army. He used to have such a watch years ago. Apparently, the company still makes them. They only got more refined and stylish after all these years.


After our little photo session, we celebrated in one of many local seafood restaurants who offer a special menu which is called "Sunset Dinner". Thanks to the sun which decided to show up for Justin's celebration, we did see a very pretty sunset that evening! Our food was very tasty! Each of us had a course of four (!) dishes, including appetizers and desserts. Each of us picked whatever we liked. Justin had London broil for the main course, and I had my favorite oysters. 


For appetizer, he had shrimp cocktail, and I ordered something called  Salmon Crostini. Yum!
I had burnt cream (or Crème brûlée), and Justin got his favorite chocolate mousse for dessert!


Happy birthday, my love! It's all for you and because of you, and you know it. :)

Location: Des Moines

Blazer by Chico's. Leggings by Hue (available here). Top by Christopher and Banks. Jewelry - gift, vintage. Booties by Sofft. Purse by B Makowsky. Nail polish - Purple Potion by Sally Hansen. Justin's watch by Swiss Army. 


2 comments:

  1. Special outfit for a special day and for a special man! I bet he appreciated it, you look sexy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loved it! :))) And there were other random gents who seemed to appreciate it too. :))) I don't know why I felt like such a playful outfit that day - but it was fun to try it! :) Thank you for your compliment very much!!

      Delete