Friday, March 27, 2015

Gray & Orange


Another outfit from early March (March 10th) which did not make an appearance in the blog yet. 
I love the way the shades of red and orange play with each other here. They don't seem to interrupt each other, don't seem to dissonate. I'm often amazed how versatile orange is. 


Another thing I love is my new vest. I told you that I really came to appreciate how vests complete outfits, make them look more sophisticated. This vest is by Lane Bryant, tailored and fully lined, and has a surprising mesh insert on the back. I bought two vests, in black and in white, at a clearance sale, for only $14 each.


The secret of these comfortable pumps is in their sole - it is practically an athletic shoe sole, a similar technology. (Orange peaking out of my shoes is a bonus!)



Once a week, sometimes twice, I pick up Justin from his office. Technically, it's in another town, though in a big city it's impossible to say where the borders between different towns are. When we have time, before we head back home, we take a walk on this beautiful nature trail - the boardwalk across protected wetlands. It's a great place to watch birds or just listen to them singing. Such a wonderful oasis in the midst of offices, residential neighborhoods and traffic.


Now these trees already have little green leaves (you can see our recent photo shoot here), but back in early March the branches were barely awakening after long winter hibernation.



And you know what the robin said about my outfit, of course. 
"Mmm, gray and orange - it does not get any better than that!"


Photos above by Justin



Skirt - old, ASOS
T-shirt and vest - Lane Bryant
Coat - Lands' End
Shoes - Rockport via Nordstrom Rack
Purse - B Makowsky via TJ MAXX
Jewelry - Chico's, Chaos NY, gift shop in Tacoma Conservatory

***

Linking up with Shoe Shine - see you there!

11 comments:

  1. What a cute comment about the robin. You know I absolutely love my birds and feed them out of ... I can't easily count how many feeders here. Put up humming bird feeders were you are and you'll get hummers all year round like I do here. We're lucky. It's rare.

    I really hadn't thought to pair these two colours but it seems to work well. Again, I'm not sure why you didn't think this outfit was blog worthy. It is. I think I'm liking your "I'm not sure" outfits best! I'm into vests too and have an upcoming post with a really funky one (and some funky photos too). I'll check out the ones on Lane Bryant (which does deliver to Canada, I find). Since my back got so bad, Rockport is one of my go-to brands for shoes I can wear, though heels, no matter how "sporty," are now out for me... Well, I'm contemplating having some "scooter shoes" that I wear when I use my mobility scooter and only plan to walk a few feet; those might have some heel to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte! There are so many birds we watch right here out of our windows year round - robins, blue jays, hummingbirds, eagles and many more, I don't even know all the names. Yes, it's an amazing area to live in!

      I think it is as simple as different moods. I love what I wear the day I wear it, then I want something different, at times completely different, and if I don't find time to post my outfit in the next couple of days, I just loose interest. :) Sometimes though, I go through my archives and look at old photo shoots with a fresh eye - then I can find an inspiration to write about it.

      I understand about the heels. They are definitely not for every one. I wear mostly low heels or flats on daily basis too.

      Delete
  2. What a cute comment about the robin. You know I absolutely love my birds and feed them out of ... I can't easily count how many feeders here. Put up humming bird feeders were you are and you'll get hummers all year round like I do here. We're lucky. It's rare.

    I really hadn't thought to pair these two colours but it seems to work well. Again, I'm not sure why you didn't think this outfit was blog worthy. It is. I think I'm liking your "I'm not sure" outfits best! I'm into vests too and have an upcoming post with a really funky one (and some funky photos too). I'll check out the ones on Lane Bryant (which does deliver to Canada, I find). Since my back got so bad, Rockport is one of my go-to brands for shoes I can wear, though heels, no matter how "sporty," are now out for me... Well, I'm contemplating having some "scooter shoes" that I wear when I use my mobility scooter and only plan to walk a few feet; those might have some heel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always tell people to get inspired by colours in nature - your robin is the perfect example! I love your orange and red - I wore and orange and red hat last night (pictures up later this weekend), so we are great minds that think alike! Thank you for linking up this fabulous outfit (and shoes!) to Shoe Shine, Natalia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I aspire to be a genuine bird watcher some day:) In the mean time, I just enjoy the sight of them whenever I can. There are actually a lot of birds around my house, they seem to like my garden. Sometimes when I'm typing in my work room, I can see them, their image reflected on the screen on my laptop and it fills me up with such joy. Anyhow, I do agree with the robin..grey and orange is a winning combo. In addition, I agree about the vests. They make layering so easy and add style to any look.

    I really like your pumps...I actually have a very similar pair but the heels is a big higher.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the skirt NATALIA!
    It is the perfect textured backdrop,for all of the Lovley red and orange shades!
    Love the stunning coat, too. Such pretty photos.. The little bird makes me smile!!!
    The shoes , do look so comfy, I like that technology and also look for shoes like that!
    Xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit and mesmerising jewelry. The bracelet and ring are my favourites. Red and orange really do look good together.
    I'd love to do some bird watching. For now the weather here is awful tho.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how could that fabulous outfit switch under my radar!!!!!!
    but luckily i saw it now! love your signature color on you and that patterned skirt, esp. the length!!!! hugses! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So stylish in this outfit, Natalia, love the orange and your straight skirt. I bet Justin really looks forward to the end of his day to go walking with such a beautiful girl. XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. I like this outfit. I tried the grey-orange combo too and it works perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wouuu, love how the vest fits you!, obviously, I also love how it adds another layer, it's a fabulous piece!
    besos

    ReplyDelete