Monday, October 16, 2017

Autumn Textures


Thank you, my dear friends, for your warm, heartfelt comments to my last post! Please know that your sincere words and our friendship mean a lot to me. I will keep it short and sweet today. As Fall progresses, I continue with my explorations of boho/folk style, the Writer's Closet version. 



I told you in my previous post (HERE) that I am craving for more structure in bohemian outfits. This one might not be fully categorized as boho though, maybe more of a country style, but they definitely have lots in common. I think, this feels more me at this point, due to a more structured dress, a belt and structured jacket vs. a shawl, poncho or kimono. It is not a "better vs. worse" comment, of course, but rather how it feels to me at a given moment or period of time. I dress intuitively. Finding what resonates with me at the moment is what personal style is all about to me, as it is a genuine reflection of my inner world.



The dress is by eShakti which is one of my favorite companies that makes custom size and details. The combination of colors made it irresistible for me, and I am glad that I ordered this dress as it disappeared from the site quickly. It has a huge potential to become a favorite for years to come.


Recently I also found a new accessory for myself - a velvet ribbon. I went to a fabric shop and bought 4 or 5 different colors to use them in both folk/boho/country and retro/vintage/urban outfits, I think they are a great alternative to necklaces or scarves. Here it combines beautifully with wood and genuine amber necklace (hand-crafted from Crimea). Add a wool hat, leather boots or purse, and you've got a wonderful mix of textures which I think Autumn is all about!


Dress - eShakti
Jacket - Old Navy (wearing size XXL, more colors available)
Hat, boots, purse and most of accessories - old, remixed from my closet

Join us at Visible Monday


SUPERSEAL, our new bilingual book, is coming in 2017!

Illustration by Andrei Lialin

Find our books at
in Seattle, Tacoma, Federal Way, Washington

Connect with me on
INSTAGRAM     FACEBOOK     YOUTUBE


20 comments:

  1. Colorful and expressive, and so authentic to you, Natalia! Thanks for linking up, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!!
    gorgeous colors and yes - all this different textures play so well a concert called autumn! warm and lovely!
    the dress is a stunner - has all what i love in a dress. what a luck to snap it before it sold out.....
    i wore this velvet ribbons daily in the early 90s, sometimes with a pendant. but now my neck don´t like it - sadly - i love the look.
    love&hugs!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is this a certain discomfort when I wear something too tight on my neck or too heavy... so I reserve such thing for just a couple of hours, or even less, just to have fun with such accessories, and then I take them off (sometimes I can put them on again, but not always)... Comfort is always a priority for me, but I also like to just have fun with fashion. :) Lots of love, dear!

      Delete
  3. That dress is beautiful on you and your velvet ribbon choker is just perfect with it. I do love a choker! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn is my favourite season and you in this lovely dress in those pretty tones is why. They really are your colours. I so enjoy how you take a boho theme and really make it your own following your instincts . Enjoy your Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoyed my boho adventures, dear Jill!

      Delete
  5. That is such a stunning dress, Natalia, and you wear it so well. The colours, the print, and the ruffles at the hem: it's perfection. The velvet ribbon used as a choker is such a great idea. I am also very taken with that pretty wood and amber necklace! Your personal style is indeed a reflection of the inner you, and I applaud anyone whose style defies fashion rules and regulations and does their own thing. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Piękne jesienne kolory:))sukienka bardzo mi się podoba i świetne dodatki:)))Pozdrawiam serdecznie:))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Natalia! I love these fall colours and this dress is stunning.
    The last picture is sooooo amazing Natalia♥️
    biiig hug and much love, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this dress, dearest Natalia - wonderful colors for you (and I'm sure, these colors are wonderful for me, too ;-)) And your sunglasses are great!
    Hugs from here,
    Traude
    http://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/2017/10/island-kreuzfahrt-teil-8-vogelinsel.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think we could trade our outfits due to similar coloring :)

      Delete
  9. I love this folkloric dress Natalia! The colors and boho vibe is lovely and feels like your style. I also,dress intuitively and can relate to that. I love how the sunglasses and hat add to this beautiful outfit!
    ❤️🌸❤️ Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a really powerful intuition for style, my creative friend!

      Delete
  10. I love those rich textures and colors and how they look in the sunshine! you look gorgeous.
    And such a fabulous accessorizing, your necklaces/ribbon combo, your bag!
    Autumn is my favorite season too!, let's enjoy it!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a gorgeous Fall here, I hope yours too! <3

      Delete