Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Dahlia Display


Despite my honest intention to continue wearing my Summer wardrobe, Fall arrived early and settled in the mid 60s F, with clouds, rain, and even a bit of thunder. Whether it came here to stay, remains to be seen. So at least for the moment, off with cotton and linen pieces - and on with polyester dresses and cozy sweaters we go! Last Sunday, the weather was especially tricky - cats and dogs one minute (gullywasher, as Justin said), and sunshine the next one. I dressed to take a walk in a mall, since the changeable skies couldn't decide what to send onto Seattle, but while we were driving, it started looking so promising that I remembered one garden I used to love and haven't visited in several years, so we changed gears and instead of the mall, went to the garden.


We were so happy that we did! Not only has Bellevue Botanical Garden changed and grown a lot in the years we weren't visiting, but we also witnessed the most amazing dahlia display we've ever seen! I invite you to take a virtual tour of the garden and enjoy it through Justin's lenses - he was obviously inspired with all these gorgeous blooms! And if you're local or visiting the area, make sure to actually go and visit this beautiful garden - it is open every day, dawn to dusk,  and admission is free. I used to walk there practically on a weekly basis years ago when a dear friend of mine lived nearby. It is gorgeous year round and has several distinct areas, such as a rock garden, woodsy trails, a few water features, and a glorious light display during the holiday season (more about it HERE).




My outfit was just perfect for the mild day with light breeze: I wore a polyester dress (fully lined) with a sleeveless balloon cardigan - it would feel too hot with long sleeves, plus a sleeveless outer garment allows showing off the sleeves of the dress. For protection from breeze, I used a pashmina as a scarf. I am not ready for tights just yet and initially I didn't plan to wear socks, but I opted to do so simply for comfort. You will never guess where my glamorous socks came from! They came from the least glam place - Daiso, the Japanese chain shop where most merchandise cost $1.50. My family loves visiting Daiso and finds all sorts of things they enjoy, mostly office and art supplies, but I've never expected to find any fashion in there!














My dress is from eShakti (last year), and I wore it in JANUARY 2018 and OCTOBER 2017.
A very similar dress in purple/wine color from the current Girl with Curves for Lane Bryant collection is HERE with 40% off (sizes 14-28). I intend to wear my dresses with all of the long cardigans that I own every day when it's not raining. It seems that these days, long cardigans are considered fashionable over jeans, but honestly, they look awesome over dresses. This cardigan is from Target (last year) - I showed it in a DECEMBER 2017 post. The Dansko clog inspired shoes are some of my favorite for comfort and statement. I wore them multiple times - love the outfit in FEBRUARY 2018. My purse is Melissa large hobo in "red clay" by Frye via Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (now at 50% off HERE). Finally, the sunglasses and pashmina - no name, and pashmina is over 10 years old, via small boutique in Gig Harbor.







Photos by Justin

Visit more GARDENS AND PARKS with us!

Linking with Visible Monday at Patti's!

* * *

26 comments:

  1. autumn on chic clogs!
    :-D
    this is a very chic boho outfit - and all the colors play so nicely together. i too love long cardi over dress or blouse/skirt suit because its gorgeously opulent.
    the gardens are stunning! all the pretty dahlias.....justin did a very gorgeous job capturing that late summer idyll. fabulous!
    much love to you my elegant friend! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear! I love that word - opulent, and I love outfits that are opulent. Love "Autumn on chic legs" as well, so cute! :) Lots of love!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful fall outfit Natalia!!
    Xx
    Joi | www.inmyjoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalia I love this pictures and your dress. So wonderful. I wish I can wear a little bit warmer clothes, but today we have 88 f . It is hot and I wear comfy shorts, top and flip flops.
    A very huge hug and much love, Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer isn't going to leave this year, huh? :) I hope it is cooler by now, my dear - heat can be so exhausting. Lots of love!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad the weather started improving, as what a treat for the eyes the Botanical Gardens are! I do love a garden in late summer! The Dahlias are magnificent! There are so many colours and varieties. I have taken a shine to those pom pom ones. I tried growing them in our garden, but they get eaten by ear-worms, poor things! Your outfit was perfect for the outing, I love the autumnal colours. The long cardigan is looking fabulous worn over the dress, much better than with jeans I think. I agree with Beate that it's a got a Bohemian vibe, which is a style that suits you so well! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Ann! Dahlias amaze me with all their variety of colors, sizes and shapes... apparently there are 42 types of dahlias, and some of them don't look at all like they are related! I love Boho with a touch of city chic I guess, not the traditional gypsy boho for myself. Warmest hugs!

      Delete
  5. I'm too beat to read this, but it's a beautiful post. The colours are, as you know, our colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure to have you here, dear Charlotte! So glad you enjoyed this post. <3

      Delete
  6. I so enjoyed visiting these beautiful gardens through Justin's lens, those dahlias certainly put on quite a show. Your Autumn toned dress is lovely and I do like those shoes. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Jill! As a gardener yourself, I am sure you appreciate this colorful display and the huge variety! Justin is thankful for the compliments! <3

      Delete
  7. You look so adorable---just lovely! And all the pics are gorgeous. Seriously, really delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit. Long cardigan and dress look very good together! ...and I can almost smell the flowers. Beautiful photos.
    Kisses!:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The photographer and I are glowing! :)
      <3

      Delete
  9. Oh what a festival of colours, the flowers as well as you! We loved to have dahlias in the garden, but that year all was gone with the heat. The long cardi looks so well with the dress and your pashmina is just great covering a windy moment. Lovely!!!Hugs, Sunni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Sunni! I read that dahlias are originally from Mexico, so they should be fine with heat, hmm... maybe it was something else not enough or too much this year, plants can be complicated, almost as women... :) Love!

      Delete
  10. Wyglądasz cudownie wśród tych kwiatów:))uwielbiam dalie:))Pozdrawiam serdecznie:))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the flowers but it's the print on your dress that has me drooling - I'd kill for that in a maxi! Indian perfection! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vix! It got compliments from an Indian woman just recently. I love this print.

      Delete
  12. I absolutely love the combination of colours in this outfit. The scarf is so pretty. You look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhh, such beautiful garden and such beautiful color combo you're wearing in these pictures!, I love your dress with cardigans and love those booties, they're so versatile and cool!
    You're absolutely gorgeous!
    besos

    ReplyDelete