Sunday, December 30, 2018

Best of 2018 and Intentions


To end this year on the blog, I've decided to pick my 10 favorite outfits of the year. I feel that each year, from the very beginning of my blog, I learn something new about style. It all started with colors for me, then I moved to patterns, layering, and proportions. 2018 became a year of textures and details. I wonder what the next year will bring? I would like it to be a year of refining my style: sorting things out, donating what I don't wear, finding new combinations with existing things, and adding only things that are of higher quality and which really resonate with me. It's been my intention ever since I started getting an interest in clothes as a child or teenager, but there were also periods of lost and returned interest, periods of different abilities, skills and focus, and periods of experimentation. I have a feeling that it's time for refinement of whatever I've learned in the past few years, but I'm not the one who thinks that our goals are set in stone. I'm not saying that there is no place for goals and plans in our lives - sure there is. But I also love watching the natural flow of life, seeing how things develop organically, without us forcing them, but rather staying open-minded. So, I send my intentions out there and see what happens - it'll be fun seeing how they transform and manifest themselves in the new year.











I hope you have a warm and peaceful end of the year, and are ready for 2019, dear friends.
Happy New Year to each and all of you!

Love,
Natalia

* * *

18 comments:

  1. did i ever say how much i love your style?
    i now watch your blog for some years - and yes - there is a significant evolution. you came from fun with clothes and a love for chic to PERSONAL STYLE - and what i love most - it looks effortless and still very fun and yet down to earth.......it totally reflects your creative and warm soul.
    here is for another wonderful year of style and creativity - my dear friend!
    much love! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear Beate! Your comment touched me deeply. You are one of very few souls on this planet who I think sees me for who I am, and I appreciate it very much! Your compliment to my style and the evolution process is very dear to my heart.
      To new adventures in life and style! Happy New Year!!!!

      Delete
  2. I have always liked how you express your personal style and creativity in your outfits, but this year you have really outdone your self. All of these outfits are absolutely gorgeous!!! Happy 2019 my beautiful friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Ivana, for your warm comment and your friendship!
      Lots of love! Happy New Year!!!

      Delete
  3. March, June, and July jumped out to me, though all were lovely combinations. Ine og my goals is not buying anything new but restyling what I have. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Natalia I love you in petrol! What a wonderful colour :)
    I like all your stunning styles and looking forward to a new year with you. Beeing open minded is a wonderful goal. I would like to do this too.
    A very huge hug and much love and happy new year... Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear Tina! For being such a kind, fun and wonderful friend!
      To new adventures!!! Happy New Year!!!

      Delete
  5. I love the direction your style is taking, and scrolling through your round-up of fabulous outfits conjured a huge smile on my face! You've got oodles of style and creativity, plus you are not omitting the fun factor, either. You manage to look stunning in all your outfits. Favourites? Can I choose more than one? I'll have February, March, July and December, please! Wishing you a lovely end of the year and a fabulous 2019, Natalia! Hugest of hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my dear Ann!! For your kind words and our friendship! I think that fun factor became most important to me over these few years! Happy New Year, my dear!!!

      Delete
  6. These are all such fantastic looks---just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Natalia, you have certainly outdone yourself this year, these are simply wonderful.Your certainly have found your own style and I can see you are enjoying the ongoing process. I know I have so enjoyed seeing you become more confident over time.
    All my best wishes to you and your family for the New Year, may it be filled with joy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, dear Jill!!! Happy New Year to you and yours!!!

      Delete
  8. What a year it's been! I love seeing your style develop and your confidence increase. You look radiant in each and every one of these photos and things can only get better!
    Wishing you much love & happiness for the New Year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, dear Vix!!!! May it be filled with fun new adventures!!!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for sharing! I too, open my closet and often see an array of colors and patterns. However, some days it’s harder to put together an outfit than others; you’re not alone! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWW, what a fabulous recap! I love the way your style is evolving, love your genuine personality!. I think that you look gorgeous in every outfit, sophisticated, elegant, comfortable!, and I love all the rich colors and interesting layers, you are an Inspiration!!
    besos

    ReplyDelete