Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Japanese Inspired


I really wanted to come up with a Japanese inspired outfit for Sacramento and Rosy's Share-in-Style, and it took me quite a while before I created something that actually satisfied me. I'll confess I'm not a fan of creating "on demand" - I love the natural creative flow when I get inspired from sources I'm sometimes unaware of myself. But I adore Sacramento and what they created with Rosy together, the family of Share-in-Style - it's a beautiful concept, there are a lot of wonderfully talented stylistas participating, such a fun and diverse group of women (so far no men I think), so I tried and tried, and then I tried again, and nothing really exciting, or I just couldn't get excited. It was getting so frustrating that at some point I was ready to give up on the idea and skip the party. Which is, of course, no crime. And yet I did not want to skip it this time, it was important to participate. For the sake of friendship.


After all, I'm glad that I pushed myself a little because otherwise this outfit would probably not come to me, and I think it's pretty good. I wanted to wear this gorgeous silk blouse, which is one of my most favorite thrift finds (Goodwill, $6 last year), with a solid color dress. Will you believe that I don't own a single solid color dress (except for a couple of long relaxed fit jersey dresses which I mostly wear at home), not even a little black dress which is supposedly a staple of every woman's wardrobe? I used to have LBDs years ago, but these days, I go for color and usually for pattern too. Though lately, I am very much looking forward to finding a perfect green dress, and what the heck, maybe even a perfect LBD too. Anyway, I got a little daring and a little creative and paired my lace skirt with a matching camisole (which also has lace) in a pretty Venetian Red, and there I had it - an improvised instant solid color dress. I used my silk Japanese inspired art blouse as a light jacket (to tell the truth, it's too snug to wear it as a blouse) - and with an addition of my newly found pair of shoes I'm loving this feminine flirty yet classy look.


The shoes are by Josef Seibel, a great European company. The shoes are not only beautiful, but so comfortable, which is my #1 priority in shoes. I own a pair of boots by this brand and am rather fond of it. I found this new pair on ridiculous clearance sale at Nordstrom Rack just yesterday. Can you believe I only paid $31 for shoes which are originally $130 or so? I love my new cinnabar ring too, but I will tell you about it a little later. As I admitted recently, I love pretty much everything statement, and this ring is a gorgeous statement which I will treasure for years to come.


And very different look for the same outfit with my new field jacket. I have quite a few field jackets or military inspired jackets, but this one by Old Navy is probably my favorite to date. It is made of thick, but soft to touch canvas (100% cotton) and has a very striking collar and great structure. I adore the color - unfortunately, you cannot really see it in its full glory here (my Dad took the photos, and we had to work with pretty dull light, so photos are not as good as usual). They call this color on their web site Basswood Brown, it is basically warm sand color, and I really like it.



You can take a better look at my blouse in the post Asian which I wrote exactly one year ago.
I showed the lace skirt in the post Theater Twists last December.

I'm linking with dearest Sacramento's Share-in-Style: Japanese Inspiration.

Silk blouse - thrifted (via Goodwill, brand is Chico's Design)
Skirt and cami - Lane Bryant
Shoes - Josef Seibel (via Nordstrom Rack), similar here
Field jacket - Old Navy (currently on 30% sale on their site)

***


19 comments:

  1. It is a pretty jacket. And you let it shine and be the star of the show by pairng it with solids instead of prints, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats the reason i don´t participate on "share in style" - like yours my outfits come from "whatever", if it´s there a theme to follow i fail on the short track. for creating on demand i need much more time as one has for the daily dress up :-)

    your outfit is trés chic, that red suits you wonderful. and i like red paired with sand/beige (shoes), much more sophisticated then with black in my books. oh - and your new shoes are really pretty, a bit golden twenties i think. and please tell more about that stunning ring!
    hugses! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do announce their themes in advance, so there is usually more time than a day. But yes, it still is challenging, and one just has to be in a mood for a challenge I suppose. :)

      Delete
  3. I don't participate in many of those link-ups because I can't dress on demand either.My clothing choices are spontaneous and having a dress code imposed seems to take the joy out of getting dressed.
    You've done a wonderful job, I remember loving that blouse last time I saw it and the new ring looks very oriental. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly what happened to me - I didn't come up with an outfit that would satisfy me and gave up and didn't take part in the link up this time. Glad you pushed yourself and as the result we can see this beautiful look. I remember this blouse, such a beauty it is hard to forget actually. Looks wonderful today too, with this red lace skirt. The ring - an amazing piece, catches the eye instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm another one who fails totally with the Share-in-Style link up, I am useless at dressing to a theme, and my outfit photos are only ever of what I happen to be wearing that day, I can't seem to dress to order! Which is why Patti's Visible Monday s a joy, because you just have to come as you are, and that, I can manage!
    You look so vibrant and sexy in red, Natalia, and I love the matching ring. And of course the oriental shirt as a jacket is an inspired idea. Lovely as ever, my dear friend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm super lame at link-ups too. I mostly participate when I don't need to stick to a theme. It's too hard otherwise.

    I LOVE that blouse and those shoes! What a score! I'm so jealous. Great outfit.

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wouu, love how you've created a red color block (such a good idea!), and really love your printed shirt as a jacket!, that print is amazing!. You rock Red, and your ring is a fabulous piece, my mouth is watering!!
    Obviously, as a huge fan of comfy shoes, love yours!
    And it's strange that I like to dress to a theme, anarchistic as I am, because I like the challenge!
    besos
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Monica - I definitely can understand that a good challenge can spark an inspiration.

      Delete
  8. At first I thought that was a red dress, the camisole matches the dress so well. And of course I love that blouse! I also have a hard time dressing to a theme. Sometimes I'll have the theme in mind in advance or at the time the link-up is open, and if I remember when I'm getting dressed and, most importantly, if I'm in the mood, I'll put on something with intention, I'm but if I'm not feeling it, I can't force myself. Dressing to reflect who I am at that moment is my holy joy zone. If the theme and my mood coincide, I feel great, and sometimes a previously-posted outfit will match a theme by chance and I can go back and add a link, but that feels like I'm cheating. Ha. I'm glad you raised this topic; it's been on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that - "Dressing to reflect who I am at that moment is my holy joy zone". I can relate to that! I also sometimes think that adding an old post might seem like cheating, but on the other hand why? It might help someone else to get inspired....

      Delete
  9. Natalia, so glad you put this outfit together as it works so very well,the print on the shirt is just perfect with the red.Your shoes are great and such a bargain,they are sold here but much more expensive than your full price ones.I enjoy the challenge of Share in Style and the themes but do not take it all too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how the same brands have different value in different countries. I know that both European and American brands are super expensive in Russia.

      Delete
  10. Well, there you are! looking amazing as ever! the two piece looks so like a dress, I did a double take, the addition of the silk blouse is a beautiful addition. As ever Natalia, you look divine! Like you I found this link up quite difficult, but my kimono saved the day for me in the end - my goal this year is to find a fitted outfit, I think you are so gorgeous in your fitted outfit's, you have such a fabulous figure! I think I just need to just do it and try it! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will look amazing in a fitted dress (or a set), Sandra! If it helps, I go for inspiration to a few plus size bloggers such as Big Beauty, Girl With Curves, Curvy and Grown Woman... It really helps me to build my own confidence, I am endlessly thankful for what these marvelous women do.Maybe I should write a post about it.

      Delete
  11. Stunning as ever Natalia and I didn't realise that wasn't a dress till i read on and then took a closer look. I also love the field jacket and shoes with the bright red too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Natalia,
    This is a gorgeous gift of an outfit!
    Love the red lace dress, and the print blouse is a beauty, everything one could hope to see in a Japanese print!
    I also love the shoes, and the large carved ring- so stunning!
    I finally got my first LBD, for years the closest thing to it was navy. I, like you, tend to favor prints, tweeds, boucles...
    Happy weekend!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's great you could join in because this look you created is truly beautiful and feminine. I really like the Asian print jacket (blouse)...and interesting how the outfit changes completely when you put that military green jacket on. I still like it with the green jacket , though...the mix of feminine and masculine pieces always fascinates me so.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm just in too much pain to read your whole post tonight, but I have to say that I love the ring, and I wish I could wear those shoes! I can't even wear that much of a heel without my pain levels sky-rocketing, something they're prone to doing anyway so I won't tempt fate. But I did just get some really great, crepe soled, Josef Seibel booties on sale and I can attest to their comfort. They make me feel like a biker! This will definitely become another go-to brand for crippled me.

    ReplyDelete