Saturday, December 7, 2013

Parka's Life and Adventures


It's freezing here in the Pacific Northwest - rare for us! It just keeps getting colder and colder. They say it is one of coldest spells in Seattle for years. Here is hoping that we will have only a couple more cold days, and that will be it! For many, many years!

These days, I just don't feel like many layers. I still wear my boiled wool jacket, combining it with pencil skirts and turtlenecks or cardigans for quick errands around town (no photos just yet). But when it is below 30 F, I get into my parka! And even though I don't feel like shooting new pictures of my parka outings, I thought that it would be great to find old photos of me in my parka and to dedicate the whole post to this wonderfully cozy number. 


I bought the parka at Nordstrom in the Fall of 2010 and wore it on many different occasions over these past few years ...
For a smart look in a city, pairing with flare trousers and a tiny golden purse to watch a new musical at the 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle or to enjoy Snowflake/Celebration Lane, a traditional fun little winter celebration in downtown Bellevue...


For taking walks in a park to gather branches fallen down during a rare heavy snowstorm, or to greet Santa at the annual community celebration in our little cozy seaside neighborhood (did you know that Santa actually not only rides reindeer, but occasionally enjoys riding a firetruck?)...



For a day trip to Washington's very own Bavarian Village - Leavenworth, a little touristy town, quite tastefully built in resemblance of Bavarian villages, in the Cascade Mountains (just a couple of hours from Seattle or Tacoma). Many people enjoy visiting it year round, and it is a very special treat during winter holidays (especially for those who feel not only sleepless, but also snowless and sunless in Seattle).




And for such simple pleasures as catching snowflakes with your most treasured people in the entire universe...


Platinum Utex Down Parka and Sunglasses by Marc Jacobs via Nordstrom (old). Orange trimmed purse by Cole Haan via TJ MAXX. Justin's parka by Eddie Bauer (via EB Outlet). Anna's winter coat by Hanna Andersson, hat&mittens by Gymboree.

All photos are taken in 2010 and 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Love the detail on that parka, it is such a classic, but yours has a lovely design! Nordstroms has been a good place for me to shop as well! Enjoy all of your winter activities!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/2013/12/luxurious-fall-layers-beat-chill/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a nice comment, Elle! I love my parka - I am just a bit tired of it by now (and I bet it is tired of me too :)). They did great job with details, you are right! I saw a young woman in the exact same parka a few weeks ago (that doesn't happen often with me). I remember thinking, what a great parka it was on her! :)

      Stay warm in this weather!

      Delete