Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Cottage by the Sea & Gifts from Elle


It may seem that I planned this photo session carefully, but I didn't - and I love when it all comes together spontaneously, as it did today. Anya and I had errands in town, and after all I wanted to go to a park and asked what was her pick. Out of three beach parks near our home, she picked Browns Point Lighthouse Park. At first, I thought we'd just take photos by the Sound, but then I realized that this charming cottage garden by the lighthouse keeper's house is an absolute dream and perfection as a backdrop for my outfit today. 




This type of outfit feels new to me. First of all, I don't think I've had an off-shoulder top before. I fell for the gorgeous rose print and beautiful sleeves. Secondly, the combination of a bold pattern mix felt refreshing, on top of which I don't do stripes on stripes every day. And the old-fashioned charm of the outfit's silhouette makes me think of long gone eras.


I added a necklace that is a gift from beautiful Elle who sent me a package full of stylish treats (I will make sure to show you all of them soon) as an award for my participation in her writing challenge. Elle is as gorgeous and creative as she is sweet and generous. I don't know whether she remembers, but Elle was the very first blogger who left a comment on my blog back in the Fall of 2013, when I started this journey, so she is indeed a very special blog friend to me. If you're not familiar with her blog The Elle Diaries yet, please check it out - you will love her fantastic sense of style, truly eclectic, elegant and very inspiring, as well as her lovely personality!



The necklace reminds me of a butterfly, and I thought it would be the most appropriate 
for my "cottage by the sea" ensemble.


The lighthouse keeper's cottage is rentable for vacationers, which is really tempting despite the fact that we live only 2 minutes away.


Top and skirt - Charlotte Russe
Hat - Old Navy
Sandals - Clarks
Sunnies - Lane Bryant
Necklace - gift from Elle

Photos by Anya

* * *

22 comments:

  1. how gorgeous of elle!!!
    the necklace has a wonderful art deco vibe which suits you perfect!
    and then the stunning outfit!!! very well done my dear! and then anya pointed you to the the park with the matching roses! awesome!!!!
    big hugs! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear! Blogging has brought so many wonderful people into my life! For which I'm very grateful! Love you!

      Delete
  2. So much magic, my dear Natalia. I am sorry not to be able to answer or comments in all your posts but I have a house full, including grandson Adam, but you know I would hug you if I could, and that is what counts in my book.
    Mil besos
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I treasure your warmth towards me, my dear Sacramento! Have a great time with your family, children and grandchildren are precious! :) I'm sure we will hug each other some day! Much love!

      Delete
  3. My kudos to both ladies for an outstanding post, gorgeous outfit, lovely setting and fabulous pictures. Two thumbs up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I learned a lot from you. I learned to anticipate what I want to see on the photo, before it's taken, and how I want it to make me feel. :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderfull location for your amazing flower blouse shooting :)
    Very nice from Elle to send such fabulous jewelry to you. Yes it looks like a butterfly, I mean too.
    Kisses and hughs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina! There will be more amazing accessories from lovely Elle. :)

      Delete
  5. What a lovely happenstance! It's funny that you mentioned that this silhouette harken back to old times because that is exactly what I thought when I first saw it. You look like an illustration on one of those turn of the century fashion calendars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely association with an illustration, Connie! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. You're a work of art and totally at one with your surroundings. Beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful necklace! Have a great weekend <3

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an amazing outfit! I absolutely love that off the shoulder blouse with bell sleeves...and it is so well paired with a striped maxi...well, you know how much I love prints and patterns....and this kind of print mixing is what I love the most!

    You look sensational! very feminine and romantic outfit....and the location is dreamy. How lovely that you and your daughter ended up in such a nice place...and with those roses that match your floral blouse.

    I've just checked ELLE'S blog....it is really great!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased that you loved the outfit - and that you loved Elle's blog! It's amazing, so much inspiration there!

      Delete
  9. I can not believe that this is your first off the shoulder top, it is so wonderful on you. I also love the pattern play and the rose print is so pretty. The necklace looks pretty with this, I saw it as a deco piece, but you are right, on you it becomes and butterfly! How like to you make anything, have wings and fly!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/
    thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again, dearest Elle! I am so honored to have you in my blog life - and now even in my "real" life, with these beautiful pieces you sent. :)
      ps I agree about the art deco part - there will be more outfits with this gorgeous necklace.

      Delete
  10. Hello dearest Natalia,
    you look stunning in this mix of lovely roses and cool stripes. I love the roses and the sleeves of your Top! And yes, the session seems to be well planned! ;o))
    Hugs and a happy new week, Traude

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhh, you look lovely, and that amazing cottage is really tempting for a vacation!!, love the look of your top on the roses background!, and love your whole outfit!!!
    Gorgeous!!!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you liked this outfit and this cute cottage! :)

      Delete