Thursday, June 23, 2016

World Country Style + Video


Sometimes, I just want colors, and shapes, and textures, and details - all at once!
It was one such time last night. It is also an example of mixing new and old in one outfit. Which is nothing unheard of, but the result can be unexpected, creative and fun! :)


I'll start with the skirt. I am surprised that it's still available on Lane Bryant website (look up the clearance section). I think it is one of their most unique designs, and yet it wasn't sold out in a wink. Hmm. I love it and can't say enough good things about it. 100% cotton, beautiful, on trend and yet classic. I'm going to love wearing it. Especially given that I enjoy white, but it's not easy to wear close to my face, so a skirt is the right way to go for me.


The jacket is from a couple of years ago, from a plus size brand Ashley Stewart, which I don't shop much, though I have a few pieces that I love, and this military inspired jacket is one of them. 



Details matter! I wanted to add more color to my outfit, and this wooden $3 necklace found at an antique mall, hand-crafted by an unknown maker, fit the bill. Last minute, just before I left home, I grabbed this pair of sunnies by Christian Siriano for Lane Bryant (this year's collaboration, I wrote about it in the post My Birthday Suit), and the way colors play together was totally unexpected benefit, an improvisation - a good one!


I wanted to add to the country feel of my skirt and completed the outfit with my favorite Summer shoes, leather flip-flops, and also an African basket that we found in a small shop on our travel to the Olympic Peninsula recently. I'm in love with it! And look at the beautiful details of the skirt!





Summer with its long evenings gives us an opportunity to go for a walk after work, and last night we headed to the Chinese Reconciliation Park in Tacoma. We were fortunate to see a regatta on the way too. Please read about the park and Fuzhou Ting (pavilion which was donated) HERE - it has a unique history, it is beautiful, original and is an ongoing project.


Justin took a picture of this adorable little fellow, 
and I identified it as a white-crowned sparrow, native to North America.








I call my outfit a "world country style", a bit of country and world traveler together. I like it - it suits me and makes me smile. And your kind comments on my last post encouraged me to create another outfit video - so here you go! Enjoy! And I hope it'll make you smile too - life is too precious not to! :)





Eyelet skirt - Lane Bryant
Jacket - Ashley Stewart (old)
Tank top - Lane Bryant (old)
Hat - Old Navy
Shoes - Robert Zur via Nordstrom Rack
Sunglasses - Christian Siriano for Lane Bryant
Necklace - thrifted (old)
African basket - small local shop

* * *

16 comments:

  1. How sweet you look, Natalia. This outfit is very slimming. I enjoy wearing a fitted top and full skirt. It looks nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. world country style is totally my cup of tea!!!
    you created a beautiful outfit that looks totally relaxed! gorgeous! love eyelet fabric - especially in white - and the skirt is very unique. well done with all the pretty colors you added :-)
    nice park! in berlin there is a park "gardens of the world" with a huge chinese part - beside of japan, korea, marrocain, a french renaissance garden and much more..... very inspiring for my own garden plans!
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just knew you'd appreciate this, Beate! :) Happy gardening!!

      Delete
  3. Such lovely photos! I love the nail polish you're wearing :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, it's world country style! Amazing skirt, amazing pictures. This little clip is sooo nice. You are great Natalia.
    Wish you a fantastic weekend, Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part about blogging is that we can be as creative as we want, in so many different ways and media! Sharing is fun!

      Delete
  5. stunnning shots of the park and wildlife! I adore your white eyelet skirt, especially the way you styled in with the ruffled olive jacket. The basket bag is so rich in texture. Love this look. And the vidoe. LOve <3 !
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a sweet summer-look, dear Natalia! And great photos!
    Hugs from Austria, Traude
    http://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/2016/06/falafel-mit-sesamsauce-und-zwei.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's a really fabulous skirt, lovely broiderie anglaise! it looks summery, fresh and kinda modern folk!, even better with all those pretty accessories, your hat, necklace and cute basket, fabulous natural fibers and colors.
    Gorgeous!
    (I have to wait to be at my home computer to watch your video! sigh!)
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the term "modern folk" - that's exactly how I feel about this skirt, fine combination of boho and contemporary. Thank you, Monica! I hope you enjoy my video. :)

      Delete
  8. that orange red top is such an amazing pairing with that white skirt....I do love this colour combo...and the jacket is fabulous!

    Fantastic location and photos<3

    ReplyDelete