Sunday, June 26, 2016

Flirt with the Wind, Twirl till You're Dizzy + Video

 

So do you remember I said that I decided to not buy any new things any more? OK, that was a bunch of nonsense. Forget it. I take it back. I think I am not ready to not buy any new things at all, but I agree to slowing down a little. On to the outfit.


The skirt is the third garment from the Christian Siriano collaboration with Lane Bryant that I purchased this Spring (read more HERE). What I loved about that collaboration is that Christian took classic 1950s-60s shapes and reinvented them from the modern point of view, he re-imagined those shapes with new textures and details. Take his take on a circle skirt as an example. The shape is classic, but the choice of the fabric makes it contemporary. The fact that the underskirt is a pencil skirt made of a ponte knit kind of fabric saved me from embarrassment on the ferry when Mr. Wind was doing something that the dancers do on the photo below. Flirty!


So why did I bring up my un-deciding to not buy anything new for a while? Because of this top! I purchased it on clearance sale for a fraction of the price (and I even came back to order it in black too). I thought it would be great paired with this skirt, and I do love it. Cold shoulders are trendy (and also flirty), but the rest is classic, which is my cup of tea. Do you appreciate the subtle pattern mixing here?




I told you I'd wear this jacket for a ferry ride - and here you go! :) A little white peeking through is never a bad thing. Mount Rainier agrees.




It was a lovely day with lots of sun and clear sky, good Indian food, walks in town and even a ferry ride, as I mentioned. Sometimes all we need for happiness is simply to be.


Well, that and maybe twirl, spin and twist a little, just till you're dizzy.



Skirt Christian Siriano for Lane Bryant
Top, sunglasses - Lane Bryant
Shoes - Josef Seibel (old)
Purse via TJ MAXX (old)
Pearls - gifts (old)

* * * 

20 comments:

  1. Wow Nathalia. I smile! If I say, I wouldn't buy anything else, I see more and more amazing things in shops. Arrgg!
    This skirt and shirt look so amazing. You glow :) . What a wonderfull blue sky.
    Wish you a nice week, kisses Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. That's why I don't even look at stuff when I want to make sure that I don't buy anything. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the gorgeous textures and the stripe! Fabulous design details from a real design talent! That photo of the sun glinting off the water is magical!
    Loved this post and video! As for the new purchase, it is okay to want new things from time to time! ( just not hourly! :)
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, I'll have to write that down - I seem to forget! "Just not hourly..." OK, done! :)

      Delete
  3. What a fun outfit! The stripes on top and peek-a-boo checkerboard of the skirt make it very interesting even with the limited color scheme. And what a great outfit for twirling! I can't resist a good twirl in the right outfit.

    Bettye
    https://fashionschlub.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Bettye! It's fun to create monochromes, but yes, there should be interesting details, textures and shapes.

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful outfit Natalia. I am not ready to go buy free anytime soon but yes to buy slowdown. That skirt is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right now, I'd just settle for a clean closet of clothes. Lovely look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam! I need to do some cleaning too :)

      Delete
  6. Natalia, so good to see your video and the skirt in full twirl.The peek a boo shoulders on your black and white top the perfect touch.I find some seasons lots appeals to me others not much at all. I am now finding more interesting accesories than clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the term "peek-a-boo shoulders", so playful! I've missed you, Jill! Sending love! Will be over to your blog soon. :)

      Delete
  7. A fabulous outfit. I love your subtle pattern matching.
    How gorgeous is that mountain in the background? A truly spectacular view to match the vision in the foreground! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So delightful to hear that you appreciate my subtle play, you the Queen of Bright and Bold! Hugses!

      Delete
  8. Such a cute look! Hope you have a lovely week xx

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look fabulous! you know i love pattern mixing and a swirly flirty skirt!
    i do not "buy" since years - but this is because i found my style long ago. and collected the ultimative clothes over the last 10 years - 2-5 pieces a year. and they last me. then i did sew some "workhorses" - dresses and skirts and blouses that serve me in many ways and of cause fit me perfect and have a long lasting quality - materially AND ideally!
    on my b-day hubs is bringing me a special 2.hand piece.... the only things i "need" to buy are shoes for summer - sandals du not last longer then 2 seasons. and i want a new handbag - a solid, everyday model but chic. brown leather i think and usable in summer and winter.........
    the ideally longevity of things and clothes is the key to buy less. i always ask myself: will i still love this piece in 10-20 years?
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to hear about your thoughtful and unique approach to your wardrobe, my dear! For me, I know that there will always be a part of my style (and wardrobe) that stays the same for years, and a part that is fluid and experimental - I'm a nomad, in so many different ways. Love you!

      Delete
  10. wouuu, lovely skirt and lovely twirling video!!, absolute fun and such cool music and montage!!.
    I'm loving your black&white outfit, love how you've mixed textures and subtle motives, and love your jacket, that amazing effect of sheerness (but not at all) is so fabulous!!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous skirt...and I do love that mesh jacket...such a stunning outfit!

    well, you know that I love vintage fashion...and twirl skirts are always a fabulous skirt.

    ReplyDelete