Sunday, June 5, 2016

Roller Coaster


We are in the midst of reorganizing our house - a huge project, which was oh so long due. Even though I'm feeling overwhelmed, I am also excited and looking forward to see all the newly organized corners. So far, we redecorated Anya's room, which was a priority, because you know - she's just not a kid any more, she is a teenager, and her space reflects it now. Besides, her friend is staying with us till the rest of the school year, because her family had to move a month before the school ended. So we wanted to make sure the girls are comfortable. We also converted our spare room into a study for me (I just call it "my room"), more on that later because right now it is still full of stuff which has to find its place either in our house, or in a new home. But the point is, we of course find things that were misplaced or just forgotten, including some items of clothing. Like this skirt.


I've made a decision to not purchase any new items for a while and play more with the clothing I have, so in that light I was curious about new ways to wear this striking and playful chevron skirt. You can see it in the posts Stripes, Meet Stripes and Hello, Ocean from the last year. 


This time, I thought I'd wear this skirt (oh how beautifully it flows in breeze) with a chambray peplum top from the previous post. I added bead jewelry that I own for a while. The necklace is hand-made by one of my coworkers about 15 years ago. The bracelet is made of coral pieces and beads, and was found at a gift shop - a gift from my parents when they were visiting us. The purse is by Chico's, probably last year collection. 


I had great fun creating this outfit, but when I looked back at the photos, I suddenly was not satisfied. A couple of days later, I like it again. Do you have such back and forth feelings about your creations? I know I do, and it is not only about outfits - it can be anything, really. Like it, hate it, like it, hate it, like it again... I would like to understand what it is about creative people that makes our emotions such a roller coaster at times. Any ideas?


Sending you lots of love, warmth and sunshine from the rainy Northwest! It's 87 F today! ;-)

Top - Old Naby
Skirt and sunglasses - Lane Bryant
Jewelry - hand made
Purse - Chico's
Sandals - Merrell 

Joining
Visible Monday- come over to have some fun with us!

24 comments:

  1. I love your skirt. I'll bet it moves beautifully. 87 degrees? It's warmer there than it is here in Southern California! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy it was hot today! Over 90 F in the city. Thank goodness, we are by the water - it's always 10 degrees less or so. It was 74 F when we went down the beach in the evening, so lovely!

      Delete
  2. This skirt is so cute and love how you have styled it. Good luck with the organization of your house. It's hard work, but it always pays off.

    Jasmine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. don´t know whats about the satisfaction roller coaster.... have this too - of cause.
    i remember this skirt! still love it :-) and wearing it with this top is is a very cool and very summery way! reorganizing the house sound exiting! wish you a wonderful time!!! tons of hugs!!!
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the light in every pic, and want to twirl in that magic skirt.
    Mil besos from Málaga
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sacramento! Just as you with your daughter, Justin and I are a great team. :) Loveses!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous swoosh-y skirt! And I am so glad you have a "room of your own." So important to have a little space. thanks for linking, xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Patti - we all need a room of our own. :)

      Delete
  6. Love the skit, I can not, quite, imagine, who you could lose such a beauty. Or can I ? Yes!
    I am so glad you have a room of your own, and that Anya has an up to date space, too.
    I adore your necklace and bracelet, did you make them? ? ?
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we are trying to do now - to organize our space so everything has its own place and easy to find. :) Justin is very good at it. Me - not so much. :)

      No, my dear, I don't think I've ever made a piece of jewelry in my life (unlike you!). The necklace is a very intricate beadwork, done by a sweet girl in Russia. The bracelet we found in a gift shop, I don't know exactly, but I suspect from Indonesia.

      Delete
  7. My internet connection is so slow that I managed only to glance at these photos...but you look lovely dear! Good luck with organizing your home. I'm sure you'll feel better once you get it done. I'm currently living on one island so I won't have internet connection most of the time...but thank you so much for your comment...and don't worry about sending anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivana, have a great time! It sounds so lovely - living on an island!
      PS I get overwhelmed with things in life, so I'm not always fast, but I will get it done, and with a pleasure. Thank you for being so sweet and understanding! :)

      Delete
    2. islands are always lovely, but things didn't work out for me there, the working hours were too long and I got sick, so I moved once again and now I'm in Split:) I'm a bit hyperactive lately:)

      Delete
    3. btw that maxi is absolutely perfect! I made a decision not to buy anthing too...it is always fun to shop one's own closet.

      Delete
    4. You are in search, and it's fun (if a little hectic) to be in search for something that matters to you. It can be a creative time! New experiences are great.

      Yes, I find it more fun for me now to shop my (very full at this point) closet - as much as I had fun creating my wardrobe and experimenting for the three past years. It was also a search - of my own style. Now it's time to sort out and see what I found. :)

      Delete
  8. I can't tell why the roller coaster but the skirt is truly great and you do look really good. I wish to have my own little room too:)
    Happy redecorating!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome outfit! I'm memorized by that handmade necklace.

    And, I'm also feeling super silly, because I just commented that I didn't recall having seen your DH before here and then realized, "doh", yes I have, in your small right hand side bar photos. Clearly, it's been one of those weeks for this ol' brain of mine (actually, it really has - but that's scarcely an excuse for me to forget about your sidebar snaps).

    Many hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Jessica! I understand. Thank you for your always sweet comments, lovely girl! :)

      Delete
  10. It's lovely that you re-discovered this beautiful skirt, it looks gorgeous, such a nice color and shape, love that flowy effect!! And love your peplum denim shirt, it's a beautiful piece!
    And yes, I'm also used to live in that kind of emotional roller coaster, that sometimes makes me feel very uncomfortable!.
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monica! Hope my roller coaster will slow down in a few years - it's tiring!

      Delete