Monday, March 19, 2018

Another Day, Another Dress


Another spring day, another floral dress. I think the only time I showed this dress on the blog was over a year ago, in the FEBRUARY 2017 post. In real life, I wore it multiple times, and especially often recently. Its cheerful pattern and bold colors have the ability to lift up my mood, and the versatile style makes it a good choice for various occasions. 


I wore it with navy blue tights and embroidered velvet sneakers, or with black tights and metallic mary janes. I wore it with my polka dot trench and different jewelry, but we haven't photographed those outfits, so here you have it, the outfit from a couple of weeks ago in Seattle. I like layering this black vest (which most of times stays unemployed in my closet) which gives this dress a very pulled together feel.


It was a mild day, so I only had my light mesh and faux leather jacket as an additional layer. I like the way my vest plays with the mesh panels, making the jacket look very different if I take the vest off versus when I have the vest under it. You might have seen this jacket (designed by Christian Siriano for Lane Bryant) in my previous posts in MAY 2017JUNE 2016 HERE and HERE.





The most recent purchase here is the Karl Lagerfeld purse which is perhaps my favorite purse at the moment. I bought it with a huge discount this winter, and it made a few appearances on the blog - I love the way it adds an unexpected color to an outfit (JANUARY 2018, NOVEMBER 2017) . The necklace which goes so well with spring colors is from last year, previously shown HERE.


All things are remixed from my closet.

Linking with Visible Monday.

* * *

15 comments:

  1. Natalia you look gorgeous in this wonderful coloured dress. I love like this jacket hide only a little bit of the dress. Hm can you imagine, that I have no Karl Lagerfeld bag!? Only sneakers.
    I wish you a wonderful day Natalia, huge hug Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, how do you live without Karl's bag? :)) Honestly! :))
      I agree with you about the jacket not hiding much of the dress- what a genius idea.

      Delete
  2. you took a master class in remixing fashions!! ;-D
    you do it in a very chic yet cool casual way - all things come together naturally! i could say you learned fast but i´m sure it was always inside you - you just needed your time to free it.
    i enjoy the sight of your light spring clothes - here its sunny too but -9°C at 8:00 in the morning....so again woolies and fur for a few more days......
    hugest hugses & much love! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beatochka, I have the best teachers who gently lead by their own example! :)
      Thank you so much for your high praise, it means a lot to me. I agree with you - we all have dormant talents. I was interested in style since I was a little girl - I drew clothes for paper dolls and I started making (knitting) clothes for my dolls when I was just 9-10 y.o. Both at the uni and my work places, I was always considered stylish. Back in the USSR, of course, we had very limited amount of stuff, so remixing what little we had was a part of every day life. It took me a while, after my fashion hiatus for a few super busy years, to build a new wardrobe. The process of aging and body changes also affected my "natural talent", or skills, but eventually, by keeping playing, experimenting, observing such beautiful and super creative and unique fashionistas as yourself, I think I get deeper in touch with my gift. I just keep playing because it is so much fun and it brings me joy!

      Delete
  3. That vest and jacket do play together nicely.
    And I love that necklace every time I see it!
    xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous outfit! I love how you combined the bold, yet feminine print of the dress with the leather jacket, and the interaction of the vest with the jacket's mesh panels is very clever.
    The Karl Lagerfeld purse is such a fantastic colour, and I'm swooning over the necklace! Hugest of hugs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Ann! Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  5. That dress is a beauty - so bright and cheery! I love the pop of unexpected colour from your bag. Karl Lagerfield, like us, is a crazy cat person, I bet he designed it so it was big enough to smuggle kittens - like our sleeves!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love your idea of smuggling kittens - in sleeves or bags! I hope the kittens don't mind! :)))

      Delete
  6. Natalia this bold floral dress is outstanding on you. I love the texture that the mesh panel adds and the color black adds a hipster vibe, a wonderful contrast.
    If this dress doesn’t cheer you up nothing will !
    What a beautiful look, I hope it coaxes spring out of its hibernation!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle

    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's all we have to conquer the bad weather - bright colors and style! Right? :)
      Thank you for your kind words and high praise, my dear Elle!

      Delete
  7. I'm loving your dress, and the cool jacket, it's a stunning piece which adds lots of interest!. You're rocking your spring layers!
    besos

    ReplyDelete