Friday, October 19, 2018

Velvet in the City


What I like about velvet pants the most is the fact that I can feel dressed-up and be as comfortable as if I was wearing pajamas. Especially pants like these, with roomy legs and elasticized, stretchy waist - nothing gets too tight, nothing pinches, nothing irritates or restricts movement. I bought this pair last Spring for their gorgeous rich color (what would you call it?), and wore them recently with light long coats and sneakers, for different occasions, locations and moods.


For a school meeting downtown Tacoma, I chose my floral brocade jacket (last shown with contrasting red in APRIL 2018), thrifted denim shirt (last shown with plaids in Portland in APRIL 2018) and velvet sneakers (last shown with embroidered denim and pleats, also in APRIL 2018). It was a remarkably foggy and slightly penetrating morning which we started having in the midst of our beautiful Indian Summer lately. The fog usually dissipates by mid to late afternoon.



A few days earlier, I wore the same velvet pants with a sweater coat (last shown in JANUARY 2018, but worn almost daily recently), thrifted top made of a deadstock vintage fabric (last shown in MARCH 2018) and my fabric Nikes which I wear to my walks or the gym. 



Other than this pair of pants, none of the clothes I'm showing in this post are new to me, some are secondhand and some I wear for years. I don't see a problem in having a large wardrobe, as long as we enjoy wearing what we have. I still have to figure out the storage though as my place is quite small.






The city photos are taken near the University of Washington in Tacoma and the historic Union Station (1911). You can find more photos of this part of Tacoma in my earlier post HERE.





Photos by Justin
Tacoma, WA

Velvet pants - Premme (last season)
Everything else is remixed from my closet.

Linking up with Tina's Pink Friday
and Patti's Visible Monday.

18 comments:

  1. burnt orange? rust? sanddorn - like the little bush with the orange berries? :-D
    this are very cool pants!! and you look cool in them - casual bohemian! this comes - of cause - from your fabulous styling with the lavish coats, the pattern mixing and unusual sneakers..... applause!!!
    @justin: wonderful photos!!!
    we bought some big vintage suitcases at the flea to store the other seasons clothes away - the suitcases fit under the bed. but they are pretty enough to just build a tower in a corner of the house if we run out of space under the bed ;-D
    at every wardrobe change day - 2-3times a year - it feels like a big shopping trip - the older we get the more we forget whats in the cases & then enjoy the discoveries ,-DDDD
    hugs and kisses and much love to you - dearest natasha!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear friend! Sanddorn - облепиха! Love these berries, and the colors is definitely similar with sanddorn preserves. It's a lovely colors, very difficult to pin-point, in my opinion. It is sort of rust, but with added brilliance, perhaps due to the texture. I am in love with these pants. :)
      I also store my out-of season clothes in containers (some under the bed). We purchased vacuum bags recently for a better storage solution, I will let you know how that goes.
      Lots of love!

      Delete
  2. I love those burn orange velvet pants. They go so well with that coat. I really like the blouse and top as well. You know I love prints! The sneakers are very cute as well. This is a cute styling for sure. Velvet is an amazing material, I really ought to get more velvet clothing.

    I have a pair of jeans in that burn orange shade, I still love them but I need to alter them so they fit me better. It's a great shade for pants! I love colourful pants...pairing them with a colourful coat is a perfect way to add some life into our autumn/winter looks.

    Have a fantastic weekend dear friend. I plan to stay in and relax a bit. Our home should always be our ultimate happy place.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ivana! Burnt orange is another good phrase, though the pants are towards brown, I think. It's a tricky color to describe, for sure! I've never had velvet pants before, or more precisely, it is my second pair (I bought yellow velvet pants just last year). I am becoming a fan of them, and I love play on textures and patterns, of course.

      Home sweet home! <3

      Delete
  3. Oh, elastic waist pants that still have style-so wonderful. I have not owned a pair in velvet, but will keep my eyes open the next time I shop in a second hand store. I'm trying to avoid new clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they will appear at secondhand stores at some point, it's a good strategy! <3

      Delete
  4. I was going to say burnt orange, but I see Beate beat me to it! Whatever it is called, it's a gorgeous colour, and perfectly suitable for this time of year. But then again, is there any time of year when any kind of orange wouldn't be suitable? Your pants looks totally comfortable and very tactile. When I'm wearing velvet, I can't stop myself from stroking it. I love both outfits you've created with them, but my favourite is the first one, with the floral brocade jacket, polka dot denim shirt and flower embroidered sneakers. I love the pattern mixing and the contrast provided by the orange and blues. Now, don't get me talking about storage! Our place isn't very big either, and finding a place for everything is an on-going struggle. My saviour is the huge (and I mean HUGE) linen chest which used to belong to Jos's grandparents, and which houses all my off-season clothes. Hugest of hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! I think it's burnt orange going into warm browns... we have to find the exact word for it! :) I also use chests and containers, like you. I think my new vacuum bags will help with storage, keep my fingers crossed. :)
      <3

      Delete
  5. Spodnie są bardzo ładne i bardzo wygodne:))lubię Twoje aksamitne trampki:))Pozdrawiam serdecznie:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Renia! Velvet is sooo wonderful, cozy and luxurious! :)

      Delete
  6. You look great in these pants Natalia. I love the style with leo jacket and green sneakers. These pants are a good match for wonderful autumn styles.
    A very huge hug and much love Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina! I can see you in these pants too! <3

      Delete
  7. What a surprising outfit! And an elastic waist - what a great thing, for me too. Love the colours which go so well with fall times! And the coat is a thing itself. Love the whole outfit. Best regards, lots of hugs, Sunni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Sunni! It was surprising to me too! I just went with it! :) <3

      Delete
  8. I LOVE your take on this look, incorporating mixed prints with the brocade jacket- so stylish!!!
    Xx
    Joi | www.inmyjoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Joi, what a great compliment coming from you! <3

      Delete
  9. You totally rock in your velvet pants with different color combos, mixed prints and lots of fabulousness!. I love your brocade jacket with denim shirt and cute sneakers. I also love the elegant knit coat and the matchy top, what a fab ensemble!
    And I love particularly that almost everything is remixed, that's inspiring!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Monica! I love that you feel inspired by these - I am so honored!!
      <3

      Delete