Friday, September 20, 2019

Under the Roses


Greetings from Tacoma, Washington,
from the most beautiful old historic park in the city, Point Defiance! 
I've reported from this park before, telling you little bits of its history and showing the gorgeous seasonal blooms, such as camellia, sakura and many rhododendron species (MARCH 2018 and MAY 2018). But for the first time this year, Justin and I visited the Rose Garden which is definitely the most spectacular rose garden we've ever been to. So with the help of a time machine (a.k.a. Internet), I invite you to take a stroll among the roses of all forms, shapes and colors which blossom in Tacoma in early June. I hope this virtual stroll will lift up your spirit - we all need a moment to stop and smell the roses... if only I could transfer the amazing, delicate rose scent through the screen... 
I have some wonderful news to share, but first I have to let it stir for a while, so I can write more when I'm ready. And for now, truly, I have nothing else to add to Justin's inspired photography, other than just a couple of words about my outfit at the end of the post. 
ENJOY! 































Outfit details:
Cotton shirt dress - eShakti (purchased this year, instant favorite!)
Hat and glasses - Lane Bryant (old)
Shell earrings - vintage
Wicker purse - via TJ MAXX (old)
Sandals - Bionica (purchased this year, worn all summer long!)

Photos by Justin

5 comments:

  1. I love roses, they have such delicate beauty to them. I know roses are a classical choice but I can never get bored of them. I would sure love to visit this garden. You're right about stopping and smelling the roses, it's something we all need to do from time to time, both in metaphorical and literal sense of the world. I'm very happy to hear about the good news.

    This is such a pretty styling. What a lovely cotton dress. You look beautiful dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love roses and I always stop to smell :) Thank you for so many wonderful rose pics.
    Your look stunning in this dress Natalia, I love red and karo. Good News?!! Fabulous! :))
    Much love Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh - roses! so gorgeous. but the most beautiful one wears a chic orange/white checked dress and a little straw hat! <3
    in early 90s i had a summer pencil skirt in such a fabric (away from face i can wear orange) that i made from a linen tablecloth :-D
    justins portraits of roses are fabulous - i almost can smell the scent....
    news?? tell!!! i´m already excited!
    tons of hugs! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was happy to step into that time machine with you, Natalia, and not just to see those magnificent and magnificently photographed roses! It's wonderful to see you too, and to see you looking, not only fabulous but utterly relaxed as well. That gingham dress is an absolute delight! Hugest of hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best day in a rose garden, ever. :) Thank you so much for sharing this lovely afternoon with me. It was so memorable. <3 I'll do my best to make sure we get a chance to go there again next summer when everything is so wonderfully in full bloom. ?8{)>

    ReplyDelete