Thursday, December 2, 2021

Boho Military Chic in September

 

Hello my style tribe,

There are four photo shoots from late September through October which I haven't shared with you yet. A bit out of season, but I figured that better late then never! So I'll pick up just where I left, when late Summer barely started transforming into early Fall, and I was eager to wear this fabulous trench coat by Altuzarra for Target. 



Not being a big expert on fashion, I wasn't even familiar with the name. But the stylish trench almost jumped out of my computer screen when I was browsing on a second hand website one day. Nothing went amiss: the unusually feminine silhouette with traditional trench design, the black sleeves (rock on!) combined with military green color, the amount of thoughtful detail and 100% cotton fabric. Apparently, Joseph Altuzarra is a big deal (items sell for thousands of dollars). Collabs with big stores are usually not too expensive though, so we can get a high fashion name for a low price. There was a collaboration with Target a few years ago, and (fun fact!) beautiful Kerri Russel appeared in this very trench. Kerri played a Russian spy in the fascinating TV show The Americans along with her charming and talented husband Matthew Rhys - actually, that's how they've met. Back then, I've just watched the show and became such a fan.



So you should understand how excited I was to find this trench in a new-like condition (I think there were still tags attached if I remember it right). I wore it a few times since then, even just for going on a walk. It's very versatile and will dress up any casual outfit. But it wouldn't be me if I didn't take it up a notch and wear with something less expected, like boho.





Semi-precious stones became a bit of obsession of mine for a while. I don't remember whether I've already talked about it here on the blog. I found a few silver vintage pieces made in USSR, the amber ring I believe is from the 1960s. The purple stone is Charoite, rock that was found only in Siberia, on the River Chara, east of the Baikal Lake. If you'd like to learn more about this unique stone, I found an article in English HERE. If I understand it right, they do not mine charoite these days, so I am not sure where all these inexpensive modern day silver jewelry get their rocks from (perhaps, artificially grown). I took my ring and earrings to our jeweler, and he confirmed that they are real charoite. The earrings come from a set with another ring, which was too small for me. I gave the smaller size ring to my daughter - she loves purple, she loves silver, and she is mad about minerals.



The bracelet is a gift I was given many years ago (close to 20), and the rocks are jasper from Russia as well, made by an American craftsman. The two rings on my other hand are absolutely unique - they are custom made for me (bespoke in the truest sense of the word - there are no other rings in the world like these two). Both are Justin's gifts, made by our talented friends Underhill Jewelers, a husband and wife team Paul and Yeun. They are not only skillful and creative, and will work with you on the design that makes your heart sing, but also very kind and fun people to work with. The purple rectangular ring is Calcedony (article HERE) and two small ones on the sides are garnets. It was inspired by a ring I've seen, but Paul not just recreated it - he made it his own. The green oval ring is Aquamarine, and Yeun created a few custom designs to choose from. I loved the one with ocean-inspired details. Both rings are silver with some gold details. I love that they both are chunky, heavy and whimsical, but one is more streamline and somewhat minimalistic, while another one has intricate design. They go well together, combine with my other jewelry, and most important they reflect my personality.
 


For the rest of the outfit, you could recognize the 100% heavy lace skirt (previously shown in SEPTEMBER 2018) and secondhand embroidered velvet purse. The green blouse is also cotton, bought some time ago, but wasn't worn yet. The boots are by Born, love wearing them with many of my outfits - so comfy and bohemian! Flowers are courtesy of Mother Nature. Photos by Justin.


I've missed you, guys!
The next outfit post is coming soon!

XO
Natalia


8 comments:

  1. Fancy you and I both being obsessed with The Americans! I staill can't believe Matthew Rhys is Welsh, his accent is so convincing!
    You look fabulous, I'm drooling over your rings and how wonderful that you and Kerri have the same mac. I've never heard of that designer either. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just couldn't stop watching. He is an amazing actor, Justin couldn't detect even a slight accent! xxx

      Delete
  2. You look beautiful my friend. Nice to see you again. I remember you mentioning that you were ding research about jewelry on blog but I don't remember whether they have been special posts about it or were they a part of your outfit posts. I think the latter. How interesting that particular charloit stone is only found near lake Baikal. I wish there were some affordable airplane tickets to Irkutsk, I'm dying to see lake Baikal. Well, maybe some day. Right now, the plane tickets are very expensive (I was just googling them the other day).
    I do love that trench. Your outfit is perfect from head to toe. The green blouse is fabulous and matches your complexion and eyes nicely. The black skirt is very pretty. You created a very chic and feminine outfit. I love your rings, each one so unique. It's wonderful they were hand made for you by a talented couple and a gift from your husband. It's nice to have something made especially for us. <3
    I haven't see the Americans but I've heard about that show and yes this actor couple is very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you'll visit Baikal Lake some day! It's beautiful and worth visiting. And if you do, I'd like you to visit my city as well - it's not too far by the Russian standard (what's a day or two by train, right? ;))) Lovely to see you here, my dear!

      Delete
  3. I can definitely see why you were so enamoured with that trench. It is absolutely perfect. To be honest, I hadn't heard of Altuzarra either! Nor have I ever seen The Americans ...
    Your earrings, rings and bracelet are delightful too, but most of all, I am swooning over that stunning blouse! What an absolute beauty that is! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you like this blouse, Ann, because I'm also a little in love with it! That green ruffle! xxx

      Delete
  4. Easy to see why the trench called your name , it looks wonderful. Your rock jewellery collection is so pretty , easy to see the attraction. My dear you look stunning in that romantic frilled blouse and lace skirt. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments, dear Jill!

      Delete