Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Best Accessory


It seems Fall stepped into its full rights only by the end of October this year. We are having a mix of wonderfully sunny days with some heavy rains here and there, which has a good effect on foliage I suppose. It started getting colorful just recently, within a week or so. Justin and I took an opportunity to visit the Arboretum up in Seattle once again, and we think the peak season is only beginning! So if you're in the area, you have a great chance to enjoy colorful leaves for probably the next couple of weeks or so.


These photos aren't from the Arboretum, but from the neighboring part of the city that we've always loved and now have an opportunity to visit weekly - Madison Park. You might have wondered why I've got a bit quiet in Bloglandia. I feel rather quiet, with most of my energy directed inwards, where there is a lot of inner work happening right now.



But it isn't a reason not to wear pretty dresses or take my cozy sweaters on nice long walks when it's not raining! I think we should reconsider our gym membership. I am much more of a nature admirer than a gym goer. Just a few steps on a nature trail, and I find myself smiling. I like to joke to Justin that if he brought me for a walk once a day, I'd wag my tail like the happiest dog.



The red dress you've seen just recently in September (HERE). Would you believe that my long cardigan, as well as necklace with genuine stones, cost just a few bucks and are from Target as well? Who knew, right? I took Tine's suggestion and got my tall boots out, though it isn't cold yet. But I liked how this dress looked with them, and I'll definitely wear it with even warmer layers this coming Winter. This is pretty much the style I used to wear when I lived in Russia over 15 years ago. So even though it might seem new to you, to me it's like my second skin. The only difference is that I mix patterns rather joyfully now - I was more conservative when I was younger.


And of course the best accessory for any outfit, together with a smile, is a bouquet of flowers...or leaves! I highly recommend both, and what's even better - both leaves and smiles are free!


Dress, long cardigan (or knitted coat if you will), necklace (old) - Target
Boots - Naturalizer (old)
Earrings - Chico's (old)
Fur purse - Lane Bryant (old)
Sunnies - antique mall
Leaves - free gift from mother nature

* * *

SUPERSEAL, our new bilingual book, is coming in 2017!

Illustration by Andrei Lialin

Find our books at
in Seattle, Tacoma, Federal Way, Washington

Connect with me on
INSTAGRAM     FACEBOOK     YOUTUBE


25 comments:

  1. such a fabulous style!!!!
    totally gorgeous!!! and the tall boots are the best idea ever - they lift the whole look even more.... the combination of bold flower fabric and cheeta print - so cool.
    and your smile!!! wow! yes - we are not happy in a gym - we need to go into the woods, in fresh air and sunshine - but even a nature walk in the rain will do much more then every fitness class for us!
    love the taiga-like foliage behind you! justin makes the best pics! loving eye.... ;-D
    hugest hugses! xxxxxx
    p.s.: we slowly arrive to "normal" here......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dearest Beate, you warm my heart! <3

      Delete
  2. Natalia I love this fabulous Style and your best accessoiries your smile and these leafs :)
    Love the dress with tall boots. Were you at the barber Natalia? Great hair :)
    Much love and a very big hug, Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my dear! Yes, it was a week or so after my visit to Erica! <3

      Delete
  3. Loving this take on mixed prints!!!
    - www.inmyjoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great compliment coming from such a stylish gal such as yourself! <3

      Delete
  4. I've no idea what Target is but your outfit is fab, the beautiful dress, the animal print knit and the sassy boots look brilliant together in the Autumnal sunshine.
    I love exercise but love to do it alone not in a gym. Thirty minutes of my day completely alone with me, never fails to lift the spirits. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear! Target is a huge chain where you can buy everything from food to furniture, very inexpensive and surprisingly good quality! <3

      Delete
  5. I did wonder why you were a little bit quiet in Bloglandia! I'm happy to hear that your inner self is charging up and changing. The inner work can be hard (I hope not too hard) but when the leaves are falling is a good time to let go of thoughts and ideas that aren't so useful and trade them up for new ones. We lost our Target here in Canada so I'm very jealous of your beautiful and value priced dresses. Stay strong, Natalia. Another sunny day today I hope after yesterday's rain. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments always are so warm and meaningful, Karen! Thank you!
      Inner work is all about getting in alignment with the Spirit, I think. It can be, but does not have to be hard or difficult, but it does require some discipline, and even more focus. But it is a joyful and peaceful journey, for most parts.
      I wonder whether Target would ship to Canada? I bought the dress in a store, but the cardigan online. <3

      Delete
  6. I love how you styled that fabulous dress with the animal print cardigan, Natalia. That's some serious pattern mixing! Wild horses couldn't drag me to the gym, but I'm all for a good ramble out and about, especially in a park or wood, where colours are at their best this time of year. No need for apologies for being absent from blogland, my friend - though, of course, I have missed your posts ... Lots of love & hugest of hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your warm words, my dear! I think I made peace with going to a gym - not for classes, but for either treadmill or pool when it's cold and windy and rainy out (as today). <3

      Delete
  7. We are at the beach in our metal hut with the rain hammering on the roof!
    I sign in to see an Autumn pixie in the falling leaves.
    I wish you well in your inner work dear Natasha!
    xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me smile and warm my heart, my sweet friend in the far away land! <3

      Delete
  8. Natalia , you really do look so lovely in your pretty dress , long jacket and knee high boots. The Autumn colours are so spectacular in your area , walking among them would bring so much joy. I am not a gym goer either , I am like Vix I prefer my time at home . Take your time to work through those inner issues , you are a wise soul I am confident they will be resolved. Take care, sending my best wishes. xx Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your warm words, my dear Jill! I think this journey is not so much for resolving issues, as for learning to live in alignment all the time. It is a fascinating journey indeed! <3

      Delete
  9. Your area the prettiest bloom in Madison park! Love the floral dress and leopard spotted coat. I was also quiet for. A it on the blog... being more present IRL... blogging often can put on indoors too often, and out of touch with real interpersonal relationships...hazard if the trade?
    Anyway... I am thinking about you and admiring this outfit!
    ❤️❤️❤️ Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dearest fabulous friend! Wishing you much fun IRL! <3

      Delete
  10. Sorry about all of those typos... I can hardly see when I type, bit I should have double checked... squint squint... before I pressed send. Sorry !
    ❤️🌸❤️ Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOWOWOWOW, dearest Natalia,
    this mix is is amazingly great and very inspiring - love your "leopard"-coat combined with the autumn-red flower dress very much. (What a pitty that I didn't have such a coat when I visited the movie "Maleika" about a wonderful cheetah. (The animal filmmaker Matto Barfuss accompanied a Cheetah family for several months and created a natural film of the extra class...) I had to help myself with a leopard shawl. (I'll show the look soon.) Today I'm back with the last "Tomboy" -Outfit.
    Best wishes to you,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/2017/10/island-kreuzfahrt-teil-9-nationalpark.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good animal documentary! And tomboy is so you, dearest Traude! <3

      Delete
  12. You look gorgeous and radiant!, I love your dress mixed with leopard print, such a fabulous combo!, and also love accessories!, and your boots!!
    And I agree with you: gym is not made for me, I prefer a good walk outside, it's so inspiring!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we'll take a nice walk together some day, dearest Monica! <3

      Delete
  13. This red dress looks fabulous paired with a leopard coat.

    ReplyDelete