Saturday, May 9, 2015

Strolling with Chopin


Happy Mother's Day to all my dear friends and readers who celebrate!
I read about the history of this holiday, and it seems that Mother's Day is celebrated somewhere in the world literally every month - different months and days in different countries. When I was a little girl, we celebrated our mothers on March 8th, the International Women's Day. But since then, Russia added a special Mother's Day - in the end of November... Well here, where my home is now, Mother's Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May - tomorrow. I love this holiday. Sweet words from my little one (not so little any more, wearing almost my size in shoes), ever so precious, any day of the year, but why not to take time and make one special day just to express how much we love them, our dear mothers? No, they did not get everything "right", but then who does? Life is one huge experiment, and we all learn as we go - and learning being a mother is no exception at all, no one is born with perfect wisdom and knowledge of how to do it "just right". Yet, our mothers do try hard to get it "just right", from where they can see of course... and so are we, those of us who are mothers. We also try - we try to love the best we can, from where we can see. And I think it's worth celebrating. 


I also love this holiday because this time of year is always the most beautiful in our lush Pacific Northwest gardens, because the abundance of rhododendrons, or rhodies as they call them lovingly, as well as azaleas and other bushes and trees, are in full bloom, and it's a spectacular show each and every year. And I invite you to take a leisurely walk through one of the most beautiful gardens around here - Lakewold Gardens
I will leave you to enjoy your stroll in peace, but if you'll start feeling lonely, Pan Chopin will accompany you.















  





My dress is thrifted (I previously showed it here)
Cardi - Ashley Stewart, bought on sale
Necklace is from a lovely little boutique on Bainbridge Island
Purse via TJ MAXX (old)
Shoes - Sam Edelman via Nordstrom Rack (old)

Garden photos I took last May, when I visited the garden as a part of Anya's Mother's Day gift to me.
Photos of me are not last year :) - taken yesterday by Justin, and I really love the exposure, even though the light was harsh (mid-day, the worst hard light) - but all the colors are true, and you can see the details well. I think he knows the trick to work with such a harsh light, but we both we were running out of time yesterday, so there you go.

***

24 comments:

  1. lovely pics, love how the colors look on you, such a pretty printed dress!, very elegant!
    And it's an amazing garden, a fabulous walk watching beautiful flowers and colors!!, thanks for sharing!
    besos, bella mamá!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! It is so lush and green there.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful natasha and beautiful flowers!!
    your dress fits right in with the nature at the moment! her the "rhodies" and azalees are in full bloom too - today we visited a park full of them! happy mothers day my dear!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to imagine your parks and you in them. :)

      Delete
  4. Aaahhh, as I clicked on the music and scrolled down it all just put a big smile on my face. Thank you for the treat!! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day as I can guess you will, because you love life and see the beauty in all things. ;) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful dress that incorporates the beauty of the garden---great idea to put the two different timed pictures together!! How perfect! jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, glorious gardens, and you are looking gorgeous in that dress. The music is the perfect accompaniment too. I'm glad you enjoyed Mothers Day, Natalia! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful garden. And you are one of those flower there.o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful garden, and your dress looks fantastic, love the colours and the print. It's a very simple siluette but the effect is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful post Natalia - Listening to Chopin, enjoying all of the wonderful pics and how gorgeous you look (I love your outfit and the colour palette) Happy Mother's Day to you and thank you! I'm completely chilled out! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning blooms, gorgeous statue and beautiufl woman in a fabulous dress! It's odd how Mother's Day is celebrated on different dates. It was traditionally known as Mothering Sunday in the UK and a religious event, calling it Mother's Day was, my Mum & Grandma both believed, an Americanism invented by Hallmark to sell cards and make money.
    Whatever you call it I hope it was fabulous for you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vix! It has deep roots - from ancient Rome and Greece to Christian celebrations, and back to modern day holiday. It was not invented by Hallmark. I added a link to my post above, you can read the history here, it was started by one woman who wanted to honor her Mother, a beautiful heartfelt tradition:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day

      Delete
  11. I love Chopin! Such a great idea to add music to your post :-) I'm in the best mood now - thank you!

    Your dress is so beautiful, a flower among flowers. It fits you so well, and it's thrifted, I can't believe it! This weekend I'm visiting a Swedish garden with Rhododendron, hopefully they'll be in full bloom too, although spring has been cold so far. If it doesn't rain all day I hope to have some good photos as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the stroll, and even better - you are going to visit a garden! Can't wait to see the photos. :)

      Delete
  12. wonderful floral dress....you look lovely!
    I'm also a bit confused when to celebrate the mother's day. During communism, we celebrated it on the eight of March (as far as I can remember).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos and nicely matching with Chopin. I feel the magic. I wish I could go for a walk there....dreeeamyyyy...

    ReplyDelete