Sunday, October 9, 2016

Call Me Quirky


This was not a planned photo session, but I am so glad we took a few pictures when I met Justin for a lunch date and some errands in town on Friday.


You've seen everything but this blouse - it's one of two bold stripe blouses I ordered from eShakti this Fall. I love all sorts of patterns and colors, but bright and bold are my most favorite ones. I have a feeling I will wear this blouse a lot, there are some wonderful details there - I will make sure to show them next time. The fur collar vest is one of the most versatile layering pieces for this time of year, and the yellow pants always add rays of sunshine to our cloudy climate, and I'm just happy they still fit me!


This outfit would work without the accessories too, but they really give the whole look a boost. I tried a black hat - nope, wasn't enough color for my liking. The red hat was the perfect touch, and the purse had to finish it off. As for shoes, if I was planning a lot of walking, I would definitely go with no heels, but since I wasn't, this pair of suede booties (quite comfortable for a couple of hours, but not much longer for me) did the job. Sometimes, a girl just needs heels. 


I like a little bling, so a chunky bracelet and cocktail ring in the shape of a frog are always good in my book, even if I'm going to a local mall and inexpensive Asian noodle joint, not to a cocktail party. Call me quirky if you will, but I feel surprisingly comfortable in this outfit.

Blouse - eShakti
Vest - Torrid
Hat - Charlotte Russe (old)
Jeans - Ashley Stewart (old)
Boots - Aquatalia (old)
Ring, bracelet - Lane Bryant (old)
Sunnies - Christian Siriano for Lane Bryant
Purse - vintage

* * *

24 comments:

  1. quirky!!!
    :-))
    gorgeous! love your new blouse - soo vintage-y! great play with colors too!
    we tried to make photos last weekend - but ist was so rainy and dark - and we had to little time...... i´m a bit frustrated with the situation. maybe i can teach lisbeth how to use the camera ;-)
    hugs to you my chic and lovely friend! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, let's teach our cats! Then we can have photos any time! :)
      I also think it's very vintage inspired. 1980s to me, but probably goes back to early century, 1930s, yes?

      Delete
  2. you look fabulously comfy and elegant!. I love your pants, and that striped blouse (amazing!!) and the lovely ensemble you've created. You're right, it would work nicely without accessories, but they add boost and personality and make the whole outfit look Fabulous!!!. I'm loving your vest once more, such a versatile piece!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monica, it means a lot coming from you!

      Delete
  3. Omg, I love everything about this outfit! The great colour of the pants, this gorgeous blouse, the hat and this awesome bag! You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the spontaneous, or improvised, photo shoots are the best. My husband and I often improvise photo shoots, e.g. if the weather refuses to collaborate, or if we're simply pressed for time. We've taken quite a few really great photos just around the corner from our block, when I go see my hubby off as he's leaving for the airport.

    And this is such a fun outfit, great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too, we almost always improvise! I rarely plan. Thank you, Tiina!

      Delete
  5. I love this look Natalia. The sunny trouser and this wonderfull blouse. You have a look to the bees?:))
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this look...the way you combined those yellow pants and that striped top is ingenious...wonderful fur vest too. You look very pretty and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely outfit. You incorporate the fall colors. I love the hat. Very nice!

    Anna xoxo
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natalia my dear , everything works just so well together , I love this on you.Your finishing touches are the icing on the cake. Funny isn't it how unplanned photos sometimes turn out best. Hope you are enjoying your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am also so glad you took photos of this! LOVE this happy and eclectic ensemble! Adore the yellow pants, with the striped bow blouse; a great punched up look, made special with the frog ring and red hat, and lovely bag. This all works so well! The fur adds a touch of cozy lux!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always grateful for your warm comments, my dear!

      Delete
  10. I love the pattern of the bag with the stripes and yellow pants!!! As I looked at this, all I could think was that Justin must love it when you walk in the room. You look totally fabulous and he must be grinning from ear to ear. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The unplanned photos are always the best, you get a real sense of someone's style from an outfit they just threw on rather than dresses for the camera and yours is fabulous. You know how much I love that bag! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true! With the accessoires the outfit is just perfect and becomes more indivudual and stylish! Love the hat, looks really good on you! <3

    have a great day lovely
    Dana :)
    https://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete