Friday, October 7, 2016

Playful in a Park

 

Parks are for playing! Whether you play sports, enjoy time with your family and friends, or go for a walk, it's all about joy. We've been experiencing rainy weather here for the past few days, but there was some glorious sunshine too, and we took advantage of a sunny day to play in a local park and enjoy Autumn leafage this past Sunday.


Fall palette is what inspired my playful outfit that day. I thought that this mustard bell sleeve top would go well with my olive overalls. For walking, I wanted to wear comfortable shoes, and I'm so glad that I remembered this suede plum colored pair that I have owned for a few years.
It felt a little "naked" around the neck, but instead of adding a necklace I looked into my scarf collection and discovered this 70s inspired scarf that I bought a while ago on a trip to Goodwill. Perfect!




Orange & wine sunglasses, brown socks and similarly colored reversible ruana (I showed its more dramatic black side in my old post HERE) completed my outfit that day. It felt fun, adventurous and cozy all at the same time, and I love that feeling - it is very me.




There are always fun nature encounters in our parks - even in the city parks! Everything, from bunnies to coyotes, eagles and seals, and if you're very lucky, you can even spot orcas in Puget Sound!



Autumn is my favorite time of year (along with Spring), and I am so lucky to live in the climate where Autumn lasts almost forever. By my Siberian standards, we just skip Winter here in the Pacific Northwest - Fall slowly becomes a long lasting Spring. Autumn also is the most productive creative time for me (as perhaps for many creatives). And October for sure is the prettiest month of the year. Although, May is hard to beat too. We'll just call it a tie.


Most of what I'm wearing here is at least 1 to 3 years old and was shown in my blog before, so this is yet another example of remixing beloved items from your closet in a fresh way!

Ruana - Pendleton
Overalls - ASOS Curve
Top - Charlotte Russe
Sunnies - Christian Siriano for Lane Bryant
Shoes - Dansko 

* * *

7 comments:

  1. You look sooo amazing Natalia. Fun in the park... . Playful with your Overall. I like it so much.
    Happy weekend, xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look the very embodiment of playfulness. I am always looking for overalls in a tall size. I think they are so cute! Love the bell sleeves on your blouse too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hej, dearest Lady Greensl... no, Lady Bellsleeves, I like your autumn-color-good-mood-post very much... and your outfit, too! Autumn colors like mustard, red wine and olive are among my favorite colors, and I also like the playful component of your clothes. Your Cape with the Indian pattern is especially gorgeous. And I also find wonderful that not only rabbits, but also coyotes live in the park!
    Hugs, my dear,
    Traude
    http://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/2016/10/schwarz-wei-rot-ringel.html
    ♥∗✿≫✿≪✿∗♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey hippy chick!!
    fab 70s inspired outfit! love the colors - especially the addition of the plum shoes!!!
    here´s very rainy at the moment - so walks in the national park in front of our door are on the back burner - instead we work to make the house "winterfest" :-)
    autumn greetings and huge hugs!!! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely color combo, I like particularly those autumnal shades on you (you style them so nicely!), I think that olive, mustard and plum are a favorite combo for both of us (even if it wouldn't result so nice when cooking!)
    Love your khaki-olive overalls, it's a fav neutral color, and a fav shape too!. And those sleeves look amazing!. Lovely scarf too!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, I'm sure that for your Siberian standards, the winter there isn't a real winter at all:)

    Lovely outfit, those flare sleeves are so wonderful and I love how you paired that blouse with a scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sleeves! You know I'm all over them!
    I love mustard and purple together, rich and exotic and jewel-like. xxx

    ReplyDelete