Monday, November 18, 2013

Red Wine Experiments


"I have never done it before..."
I am pretty sure I made a statement like this in my blog not once at this point since I find myself trying more and more things I haven't done before.



At this time, I combined two things I haven't done before. I don't think I ever owned a leather jacket even in those days back in my home country when everyone around me, with almost no exception, had one. But I found The Around Town faux leather jacket at my long time favorite shop Christopher and Banks at 50% off (check it out in a few lovely colors here). I loved the variety of colors (and I actually liked a few colors ;), the amount of details and the feminine lines of this garment. It was very nice to touch and flattering on my figure, and I decided to finally get a leather jacket, even though (or even better?) it was a faux leather jacket. $30 seemed like a very good deal to me!


Here is another experiment for me. I wanted to make a statement with this jacket, but add a touch of edge to it. And so I went for red tights... I can safely say that I have never in my life had red tights before. And especially red tights with a design on them! (I did try green tights though!) The clutch (which was first featured here) and jasper bracelet completed the outfit that day. 


I also thought that my favorite Chico's earrings would echo the trim of the jacket and add some brassy warmth - you know me and warmth, we go way back. :)



The Around Town faux leather jacket in "Burgundy" by Christopher and Banks (still here). Pencil skirt and earrings (old) by Chico's. Cabernet tights by Hue. Booties by Sofft. Clutch by Cole Haan (old).

I linked with 52 Pick-me-up: Dress Like a Libation at Anne's a.k.a. Spy Girl!

4 comments:

  1. I really like this post! I'm not used to seeing you in this color, but it really does work for you, big time, I think. And the tights are a great touch that I never would have thought of ... and really enjoy. Style ... amazing what we can change with a few key choices ... Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a fun photo shoot, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalia! Love your red wine look! It's very flattering. Thanks so much for linking up. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete